Bullfrog International, LC is the parent company of the Bullfrog Spas® hot tub brand. Bullfrog International designs and manufactures the world’s only luxury hot tubs with the patented JetPak Therapy System™. JetPaks® are modular jetted spa seats that allow the user to customize, interchange and upgrade their hot tub’s jetted massages at anytime. Founded in 1996, Bullfrog International is headquartered in the greater Salt Lake City, Utah metro area.
The JetPak Therapy System is backed by six U.S. patents, multiple foreign patents, with other U.S. and foreign patents pending. Bullfrog Spas provide powerful hydrotherapy, legendary reliability, and are extremely energy efficient. Bullfrog International currently distributes, licenses, and retails its products in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Asia, South American, the Caribbean and Europe. Bullfrog International, LC is a privately held company widely regarded as the fastest growing luxury hot tub manufacturer in the world.
We invite you to learn more about Bullfrog Spas and Bullfrog International.
Engineering Perfection in Personal Spas
Perfection is no small challenge, but it’s our goal. This is why, at Bullfrog International, we take a different approach to manufacturing the world’s best hot tubs and spas.
With superior technology, processes and dedication we are indeed “engineering perfection” at Bullfrog International.
Patented Technology for a Better Spa Experience
Bullfrog Spas feature patented technology recognized around the world in the pool and spa industry. The benefits of the patented JetPak Therapy System include: customizable jetted massages, an efficient system that creates the most energy efficient spa, and an ultra-efficient plumbing system that provides more power to run all the jets at the same time with optimum pressure.
History and Timeline
Bullfrog International has grown from an idea and a garage to an industry leading international brand. See the important points and accomplishments along the way.
Inventor David Ludlow conceives the JetPak Technology concept while working on a means to create the world’s first leak-proof hot tub.
David Ludlow establishes Bullfrog International, LC in Salt Lake City, Utah and commences to design a six-person spa with six JetPaks and two pumps.
Receives safety listing certification from Underwriters Laboratories.
Receives first of six U.S. patents for JetPak technology.
Product line of six spa models formally debuted in New Orleans at the NSPI Show.
Recognized as the 4th fastest growing company in Utah.
Signs exclusive license agreement with SCS Industries for the manufacturing and distribution of the Bullfrog product line in Australasia.
Completes new state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Bluffdale, Utah.
Receives prestigious Entrepreneur of the Year Award by Ernst & Young for the manufacturing category.
David Ludlow inducted into the National Ernst and Young Entrepreneur Hall of Fame
For the fourth year running, Bullfrog is ranked as one of Utah’s Top 100 Fastest Growing companies.
Enters into private label agreement with Villeroy & Boch for distribution of JetPak-equipped spas in Europe.
Receives compliance listing for appliance energy efficiency with the California Energy Commission.
Bullfrog Spas moves to 100% wood-free EnduraFrame support structure.
Jerry Pasley, former executive at Jacuzzi Hot Tubs and Sundance Spas becomes CEO at Bullfrog Spas. Under Pasley’s direction Bullfrog Spas increases in industry and international prominence.
Bullfrog Spas introduces the A Series and R Series spa lines featuring the patented JetPak Therapy System, a new and improved self-contained JetPak technology.
Bullfrog Spas introduces STIL, a contemporary take on spa design that defies industry aesthetic conventions and wins the prestigious iF Design award.
The STIL modern spa creates a strong buzz in the design and architecture community in North America and Europe. Awarded the prestigious Red Dot Design award.
The past is almost as bright as the future at Bullfrog International.
Awards and Honors
Bullfrog International and Bullfrog Spas have been honored with numerous awards and industry recognition.
- 2016 – Red Dot Design Award for STIL™ – Red Dot
- 2015 – iF Design Award for STIL™ – International Forum Design
- 2015 – Most Innovative Product Award for STIL™ – ACPQ
- 2015 – Best of Class – PoolandSpa.com
- 2015 – Best of State – Pools and Spas
- 2014 – Best of Class – PoolandSpa.com
- 2014 – Best of State – Pools and Spas
- 2013 – Best of Class – PoolandSpa.com
- 2013 – Best of State – Pools and Spas
- 2012 – International Design Excellence Award (IDEA) – Industrial Designers Society of America
- 2012 – Best Hot Tub – About.com
- 2012 – Best of Class – PoolandSpa.com
- 2012 – Best of State – Pools and Spas
- 2011 – International Pool Group – Supplier of the Year
- 2011 – Best of State – Pools and Spas
- 2011 – Top 10 Hot Tubs – PoolandSpa.com
- 2010 – Best of State – Pools and Spas
- 2010 – International Pool Group – President’s Award for Best Manufacturer
- 2009 – Best of State – Pools and Spas
- 2008 – Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Judge
- 2008 – Best of Class Award from PoolandSpa.com
- 2007 – Best of State – Pools and Spas
- 2006 – Inducted into the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Hall of Fame
- 2006 – Best of State – Pools and Spas
- 2006 – Mountain West Venture Group Utah Top 100 –Fastest Growing Companies in Utah
- 2005 – Best of State – Pools and Spas
- 2005 – Mountain West Venture Group Utah Top 100 –Fastest Growing Companies in Utah
- 2005 – Best of State – Wholesale Durable Goods
- 2004 – Best of State – Wholesale Durable Goods
- 2004 – National Award Nominee – Entrepreneur of the Year – Manufacturing (Utah)
- 2004 – Mountain West Venture Group Utah Top 100 –Fastest Growing Companies in Utah
- 2004 – Winner – Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year – Manufacturing (Utah)
- 2003 – Best of State – Wholesale Durable Goods
- 2003 – Finalist – Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year – Manufacturing (Utah)
- 2003 – Mountain West Venture Group Utah Top 100 –Fastest Growing Companies in Utah
- 2002 – Mountain West Venture Group Utah Top 100 – 4th Fastest Growing Company in Utah